(Scope of Application)
- Article 1. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. And any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- 2. In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
(Application for Accommodation Contracts)
- Article 2. A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
- (1) Name of the Guest(s);
- (2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- (3) Accommodation Charges(based in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No.1); and
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- 2. In the case when the Guest requests, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
(Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc)
- Article 3. A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply where it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- 2. When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- 3. The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- 4. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
(Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
- Article 4. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- 2. In the case when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/ or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
(Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
- Article 5. The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract in any of the following cases:
- (1) When the application for accommodation does not conform to these Terms and Conditions;
- (2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no rooms are available;
- (3) In the event that a natural disaster, structural damage or any other unforeseen circumstances make it impossible to provide accommodation;
- (4) When the Hotel receives an unreasonable demand with regard to accommodation;
- (5) When the applicant is considered liable to conduct himself in a manner that contravenes the provisions of the law or disrupts public order;
- (6) When the applicant tries to threaten or coerce the Hotel, or any of the staff, with violence, blackmail or in any other way, or has done so in the past;
- (7) When the applicant is causing a major disturbance, danger, a sense of fear or annoyance to other guests;
- (8) When the applicant is a member of an organized criminal syndicate actively participating in organized crime;
(In accordance with the organized crime prevention Laws that went into effect March 1st 1992.)
- (9) When the applicant is known to be a high ranking official of organized criminal group or is involved in the dealings of an organized criminal group;
- (10) When the applicant is clearly carrying an infectious disease;
- (11) When the applicant has severe mental problems and / or can not control himself due to the effects of medication or alcohol or is a risk to the safety of both himself and others;
- (12) When the applicant is excessively drunk or his words and actions cause annoyance to other guests;
(In accordance with the provisions of Article 5 of the Shizuoka ken ordinance concerning the enforcement of Ryokan business laws.)
- (13) When the applicant is unhygienic and unkempt or his attire causes annoyance to other guests;
- (14) When the applicant is acting suspiciously or there is a justifiable reason to refuse accommodation;
- (15) When it is clear that the applicant can not pay;
- (16) When the applicant breaks the 2nd clause of Article 6 of a Tourism law and refuses to give his name;
- (17) When the applicant is carrying or is going to carry an object which is dangerous, prohibited or likely to cause trouble to other guest;
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
- Article 6. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
- 2. In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No.2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- 3. In the case when the Guest does not appear by 8 p.m. of the accommodation date (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified of it) without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel)
- Article 7. The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract in any of the following cases:
- (1) If at any time whether prior to or during a guest's stay a situation listed in the provisions of Article 5 sections 3 to 17 becomes apparent;
- (2) When a guest breaks the 2nd clause of Article 6 of a Tourism law and does not give an address and name or when a false address and name is given;
- (3) When the guest engages in prohibited actions such as smoking in bed or the unauthorized use of fire fighting equipment (Only to be used in the prevention of a fire.);
- (4) Any other actions not in accordance with hotel rules and regulations;
- 2. In the case that the Hotel cancels the accommodation of a guest in accordance with the preceding stipulations the Hotel shall not be entitled to collect payment for any services not yet rendered.
- Article 8. The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation;
- (1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest (s);
- (2) Except Japanese, nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan;
- (3) Date and estimated time of departure; and
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- 2. In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler's cheques, coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registrations prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
(Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
- Article 9. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3 p.m. to 11a.m. the next morning. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- 2. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest may occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
- (1) Up to 3 hours: 35% of the room charge
- (2) Up to 6 hours: 50% of the room charge
- (3) More than 6 hours: room charge in full
(Observance of Use Regulations)
- Article 10. The Guest shall observe the Use Regulation established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
- Article 11. The business hours of the main facilities, etc. of the Hotel are as follows, and those of other facilities, etc. shall be notified in detail by brochures as provided, notices displayed in each place, service directories in guest rooms and others.
- (1) Service hours of front desk, cashier's desk, etc.
- A. Closing time No closing time
- B. Front service All day long
- C. Exchange service All day long
- (2) Service hours (at facilities) for dining, drinking, etc.
- A. Breakfast From 6:40a.m.to 9:30a.m.
- B. Lunch From 11:30a.m.to2:00 p.m.
- C. Dinner From 5:30p.m. to9:00p.m.
- (3)Service hours of auxiliary facilities
- A. Souvenir Shop From 11:00 a.m. to7:00p.m.
- B. Beauty Parlor From10:00 a.m. to 7:00p.m. Close: Monday，Tuesday(make an appointment)
- C. Photo studio From 10:00a.m. to7:00p.m. Close: Monday，Tuesday(make an appointment)
- 2. The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes of the Hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
(Payment of Accommodation Charges)
- Article 12. The breakdown and method of calculation of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
- 2. Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid Japanese currency or by any means other than Japanese currency such as traveler's cheques, coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the front desk at the time of the departure of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
- 3. Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel and are at his disposal.
(Liabilities of the Hotel)
- Article 13. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/ or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in case where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- 2. Although the Hotel has received the disaster prevention superior certificate from the fire fighting organization it has joined hotel general liability insurance in order to cope with an emergency fire etc.
(Handling When unable to provide Contracted Rooms)
- Article 14. The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- 2. When arrangement of other accommodation can not be made notwithstanding provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
(Handling of Deposited Articles)
- Article 15. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest to report its kind and value but the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 150,000 yen.
- 2. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 150,000 yen, except in case where loss or damage was caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the Hotel.
(Custody of Baggage and/ or Belongings of the Guest)
- Article 16. When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The Baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
- 2. When the baggage or belongings of the Guest is found left after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed, the Hotel shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it is found, and after this period, the Hotel shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
- 3. The Hotel's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the Preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
(Liability in regard to Parking)
- Article 17. The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
(Liability of the Guest)
- Article 18. The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.